Tuesday, November 22, 2011

First week in New York: all about getting organized!

My first week in NYC has been really busy; I have not had time to write for my blog which makes me feel very guilty because writing is an important part of my English learning experience. But arriving in a new city (especially in a new country) as a resident as opposed to a tourist is so different: getting organized is very demanding!

Opening bank accounts, shopping for cell phones and service plans, identifying grocery stores and other proximity services, meeting with real estate agents, looking for neighborhoods and apartments, and understanding the public transportation system takes a lot of time and energy.

But what an amazing city! There is here a creative energy that I find stimulating and very refreshing. I can’t say that I’m not a little disoriented but I’m getting acclimated faster than I thought.

Have a good Thanksgiving week!

No comments:

Post a Comment