Friday, December 16, 2011

Carrie Bradshaw’s brownstone in West Village

Earlier this week, I allowed myself a guilty pleasure: I went to get lost in the streets of West Village… and… I took advantage of the fact that I was in the neighborhood to go see the famous "brownstone" of Carrie Bradshaw, the principal character of my beloved TV series Sex and the City. I know, Carrie supposedly lives in the Upper East Side; but the brownstone where the crew filmed the outdoor scenes is actually situated on Perry Street, in West Village.


Passing by the amazingly beautiful and classy brownstone, what a sublime and unique moment I had! I am a little embarrassed to admit how it touched me; I could not help passing in front of the building a few times and taking pictures to send to my friend Marie-Laurence who is as big a fan of Sex and the City as I am.

On this day, several girls were strolling on Bleeker Street, the small commercial street of the neighborhood. The charming cafes in the area were also packed with groups of friends discussing around a warm and comforting hot drink. I got myself a take-out coffee and walked, hands warmed by my cup, along the window displays of the luxury boutiques.

I cannot hide the fact that visiting a city that exudes friendship like New York without having my friends and family with me sometimes make me a little nostalgic. But honestly: what a nice afternoon escapade! I’ll try to do more things of the “Sex and the City tour”. I recently found this hot spots map, which I think is very interesting for any SATC fans.

More Sex and the city places:

New York: Sex and the City movie locations
Sex & The City Locations
Sex and the City's 50 memorable Manhattan locations (HBO Website) 
Tour the Top 25 "Sex and the City" Locations

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline, how are you???
    I remembered you the other day... My sister, who is living in NY, have met Sarah Jessica Parker in a shoe store at Mad Av... Lucky her!!! lol...
    The twins were with her... And she was very nice and said "Hi" to my niece...
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa,
    Good to see you back! ;)
    I'm so jealous of your sister! I am a real fan of SJP and since I moved to New York, I've always hoped I could meet her. And in a shoe store on top of that; it is so cool!

    ReplyDelete