Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas and the City: Christmas tree disguised World Trade Center

Last but not least, I would like to share with you one of my favorite ways to enjoy the Holiday magic in New York. My last posts about it, here and here, were about more traditional things; but this one is for me a strong reflect of New York’s creativity and singularity.

Go for a walk or a run along the Hudson river and enjoy the Christmas tree disguised World Trade Center
Construction workers who are currently rebuilding the World Trade Center site have recently given a holiday gift to all New Yorkers and visitors; Thanks to the electrical contractor of the building, one tower is getting in the holiday spirit with brightly colored lights that disguise it in a giant Christmas tree.

My preferred way to admire it is going for a run along the Hudson River. Going south from 23th Stret, you have a wonderful view of the tower and progressively get to distinguish the different colors – green, red, yellow, pink – as you approach.I hadn’t the chance to get very close by night but I’m sure it is even more beautiful.

I’m sorry I don’t have any photo, but I’m not carrying my camera with me when a go for a run. I found nice pictures at DNAinfo.com.

What are your favorite places to see Christmas lights?

No comments:

Post a Comment